Bettendorf Christian Church began in 1963
In 1963, five families of the Christian Church in Erie, Illinois began meeting in the home of Mr. and Mrs. Lloyd Schwieger for a small group Bible study at 1295 Eastern Avenue in Davenport. On April 21, 1963, thirty-five people met in the Schwieger home for the first worship service of what would become the Bettendorf Christian Church. In October of that year, a charter membership and Iowa incorporation occurred.
The initial property for the church at 1427 Tanglefoot Lane included a six-room house with a full basement and was dedicated on March 1, 1964 with over 100 attending.
Construction began in April, 1966 on the first phase of the building at 1426 Tanglefoot Lane. The first services in that facility, which initially included a sanctuary and classrooms, were December 4, 1966. An addition including an expanded sanctuary, more classrooms, and a fellowship hall was finished in 1982.
Construction on our current property began in the Spring of 2004. Our current property includes 15 classrooms and a 550 seat worship area. On May 20, 2005, the first service in our current facility took place. We look forward to continued growth on our current eighteen-acre property.